Designation : Associate Professor
Department : Social Work
Date of Joining : 2015-04-06
Qualification : Doctorate: New paradigms for the social mobility of the rural communities through community mobilization and right based approaches to development leading to social inclusion Master of Arts in Sociology Master of Arts in Economics Master of Social Works
Teaching : 16 Years
Teaching details :
• 25 years of Teaching in Caritas India, New Delhi for Development Dynamics Course ( 1990- 2015)
• 7 years experience in Teaching MSW students Bosco Institute , Jorhat as Guest Faculty ( 2008 -2014)
• Associate professor, MSW Department, Assam Don Bosco University, Guwahati (2015 April -Still working )
Area of Interest :
Teaching and mentoring
• Over 30 years experience in Planning, Controlling and Monitoring Development programs, Project Cycle Management, Capacity Building and Research. • 15 years experience of facilitation with Internati : 25 Years
• Over 30 years experience in Planning, Controlling and Monitoring Development programs, Project Cycle Management, Capacity Building and Research. • 15 years experience of facilitation with Internati details :
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: (30 years of social work management)
• Head, Department of Social Work, Assam Don Bosco University, Guwahati- July 2016-ctd.
• Associate professor, MSW Department, Assam Don Bosco University, Guwahati (2015 April -2016 June )
• Head, Quality Management Department & Capacity Building Caritas India-September-2009- March 2015
• Thematic Manager, Caritas India, New Delhi –April 2008 –September 2009
• National Coordinator of Integrated Development through Empowering Actions (IDEA) and Capacity Enhancement Programme (CEP), Caritas India, New Delhi – 2006- to 2008 .
• Head of Human and Institutional Development Department for Capacity Building, Caritas India from 2003 to 2006
• Head of Department of Programme Support Services from August 1998 to June 2003.
• Head of Pre-Funding Department of Caritas India from June 1997 July 1998
• In-charge of Decentralization Scheme of Caritas India from April 1996 to May 1997
• Projects Officer Pre-funding, Animation and Post –Funding Departments from 1987 to 1996.
• Strategic Planning for Caritas Swiss in Lucerne for their India programme in 2002
• APHD (Asia Partnership for Human Development- A partnership of 23 Countries, both funding and funded) Task Group Member for planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting 1999 to 2001.
• Evaluator for APHD supported programmes in Bangladesh in 1999
• Evaluator for APHD supported programme in Cambodia in 2001.
• Evaluator for the Animation programmes supported by Misereor -1995-2000
• Trainer for APHD Programme Officers in Project Management with special reference to Log-Frame- 1999-2003
• Resource Person for Caritas Sri-Lanka, Caritas Nepal, Caritas Bangladesh staff on Animation methodologies-1999-2003
KEY DELIVERABLES • Management of MSW Colleges and Training of MSW students both in house and field based • Planning with Donor Agencies / Corporate Sectors to develop concept papers/ PROJECTS :
• Have worked with a diverse group of professionals both individually and in a team setting
• Have Strong Leadership skills
• Have very good People Management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent Planning & Organizing skills
• Excellent Coordination & Follow-up skills
SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
• NGO management workshops for Project Partners of Caritas India
• Perspective Plans for Diocesan Social Service Societies and Regional Forum
• Strategic Development Plan and Organizational Development programmes for NGOs
• Organisational Development Programme for Colleges
Research : 12 Years
Room No. 14 ground Floor Academic Bolck 2 Tapesia Campus
request via email